[DeTomaso] Pantera Alignment & knocking your nuts off

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 13:35:23 EDT 2007

To newbies (Don) and Rookies,

  Mark (BoBo) McWhinney made an excellent point the other day about alignment and that was that you can find anyone to put your Pantera on an alignment  rack but your allot better off with someone who understands how a Pantera works and what and how caster, toe and camber affect the Pantera on the road or in competition.

  My alignment guy is an ex-racer who every time I go back to his shop asks me how the Pantera behaved in the last ORR.  He also has done several stock and race Panteras in the past...he sits me in the car during the alignment as he makes any new adjustments.  Yesterday I found out my rear caster was waaaaaaaay off probably due in part to a couple hard hits (cracked rear window and shaved bottom of front airdam off) at Silver State in Sept. Someone commented on not dropping floor pans for open road racing. For someone your size you need all the room you can get to include dropped floor pan (floor, seat and steering adjustment) but my dropped pan has never hit bumps or dips at Silver State.... I think Larry "Rockhouse" Stock hit them at the Pony Express going across the bridge just after the rock house and shaved the NUTS off his seat bolts but he was also traveling 165 when he should have been closer to 140 ;-]> At 120-140 MPH Don you will NOT have any problem.

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com