[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 4

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Sun Apr 22 11:26:44 EDT 2007

Today we left Santa Rosa, NM at 9:30 and turned of 40W at Gallup and headed
north to Monument Valley in the Navajo Indian Reservation. We went through
rain and snow and sunshine. The car is dirty. Too bad. I'll clean it
sometime. We finally arrived at Monument Valley @ 6:40. The man said they
were open till 8 so we took all our pictures first. When we went to shop for
Navajo souvenirs @ 7:05 we found that the store had just closed. This really
ruined the mood. Kathy had been waiting for years for that opportunity. We
still enjoyed what we saw. Better luck next year. We headed southwest again
and returned to 40W in Flagstaff, AZ. Not long after I found a Fairfield Inn
in Williams, AZ and here I sleep. The car has been running just great and
I'm just going to go with that. 22.5 mpg today. Tomorrow we plan to make it
to the coast just north of LA. I better clean the car.

Good night,

Dave & Kathy

698 miles today

2499.4 total