[DeTomaso] cooling noises

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Apr 21 23:16:41 EDT 2007

I finally got the '73 on the road after the cam/head swap. All seems to be
running well, temp runs cool as it always has, good power etc. My one
problem that I have is a strange noise coming from the water pump. It's a
boiling/percolating noise that starts after the motor has warmed up. The
noise continues after the motor is turned off until it cools and settles.
The water pump is an aluminum high flow anti cavitation model and is brand
new. As I said, the car is running cool (185-190 degrees) Is this air
trapped in the water pump area? I've tried purging the system but the noise
persists. Thanks in advance.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis