[DeTomaso] No Log in Required?

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:38:35 EDT 2007

Like I said in another thread, the header was just a way to get attention to
sell some extra parts I had laying around.
Chuck is doing a great job and providing a service to the community that we
should all be grateful for, I meant no disrespect to Chuck at all.
I was simply making fun of the controversy surrounding his site and the
registration debate.  It's HIS site and if he wants you to register if YOU
want to use it,
then the choice is yours, you can always go somewhere else.  As far as
security for logging in, that's a joke and if the CIA and the FBI can be
hacked by a sophomore in college, then we should realize that isn't the
issue.  It's to track users so that a mailing list or other database can be
gathered for some purpose at a later date and if that means OMG, some body's
making MONEY, then bully for you for being smart enough to take a hobby that
you love and make money doing it ( I'd be a porn star, but nobody will pay
me...;-(    ).
So since I started this, Chuck I'm sorry,!  Do whatever you want and those
who want to play can and those who don't won't.

Seems like every time I make a comment or state an opinion around here it
gets out of hand, I thought that as Pantera owners we were the last bastion
of the free thinkers who could care less what everybody else thinks ( about
our cars or anything else ) To own a Pantera, you almost have to be a A+
personality type.
I'm not a PC person and I never will be, I work for myself and my clients
all know that I'm as likely to drop them as they are to drop me, I'm at a
point where I work for the basics, we have everything we need and more than
we deserve ( including my Pantera, I've had more expensive and more accepted
cars and they pale in comparison in the driving experience)  I don't want to
offend anybody but if I do, suck it up and write it off as that nut in
Savannah, why must everything balloon into an freaking ordeal, it;s almost
like little 8th grade girls being bitchy to the new transfer girl.  I even
got hammered for the Imus thing even though I got 20 PRO emails directly and
ONLY 1 negative directly.  That was a farce and had the unfortunate events
at VA TECH happened on the same day, the news media would have cared less,
it was just the only game in town on a slow news day and the vultures ran
with it.  And yes, days later the whole double standard of PC Speak was
starting to come forth, days after I said the same thing.

I was a member of a GMC Motorhome forum and I was actually suspended for six
months for posting a photo of Miss United States 2003 in a bikini posing
with my GMC jacket/Logo,  even made sure that she had all the good parts
covered, as lame as any swimwear catalog and the old farts had a heart
attack over it ( never mind the fact that the average age of that group is
over 70 years old ) and they seem to be doing their best to chase away
younger members with some cockeyed morality police BS, God only knows that
they never did anything when they were young, none ever drank, smoked, had
premarital sex or engaged in risky behavior, it just all happened at once to
( insert your generation here ) and the world is going to hell in a hand
basket, meanwhile the GMC Moho Groups have smaller and smaller rallies and
they offer shuffleboard, bingo and square dancing ( I kid you not ) for
entertainment.

I won't be contributing as much in the future, it's not worth the negative
karma and I'll be damned if I'll change who I am, do you really think I
agree with 90% of what's said here....NO.  If you don't, just let it go.
But I do love the people and personalities that I have come to count as
friends even though sadly I have only met TWO of these people face to face.

Like I said, Chuck, man, your site is killer and I'll register twice ( home
and the office )

Michael ( that un PC Nut) in Savannah