[DeTomaso] FW: Brake shuttle valve

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 20 23:53:05 EDT 2007

Forwarded from Mike Drew:

-----Original Message-----
From: MikeLDrew at aol.com [mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 10:13 PM
To: jim.gray at wnlic.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Brake shuttle valve

In a message dated 4/20/07 8:23:20, jim.gray at wnlic.com writes:

<< Do any of the vendors sell a replacement for the dreaded brake shuttle
valve, or do we have to cobble something together ourselves?  I know several
of you have eliminated this problem-in-waiting. >>

>>>Most of us are simple cobblers.  It's not difficult to get some simple
brake line fittings and junction blocks and do away with the factory setup.
It
also has the advantage of allowing you to use a very cheap brake light
switch.

Having said that, there's nothing inherently wrong with the factory setup IF
it is properly cleaned and functioning.  But if you have 30-year-old gunk in
there, it will give problems.