[DeTomaso] Injector & Pump Size Calculations?

F&D Terry gt5s at bcpl.net
Thu Apr 19 18:11:41 EDT 2007

Ken,

I made close to 650 FWHP and that took 55 Lb/Hr injectors at 73 psi with
an 80% duty cycle. This was with about 8 Lbs manifold pressure. I don't
think your 50 Lb/Hr injectors will do it.

Your fuel pressure regulator should be connected to your intake manifold
and in this manner manifold pressure will be compensated for. If you can
get 60 Lb/Hr injectors at a good price, do it. There are many injector
calculators on the internet you may try and check the results of one
with another. Some variables will be unique to your engine. Don't
overlook the duty cycle. Kinsler's site may have a good injector
calculator. I have an old catalog of theirs that contains a lot of
useful information.

Fred T.