[DeTomaso] Engine dies

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 01:08:14 EDT 2007

Jack,

  What multi-connector are you referring to?  Is this something near the ignition switch or near
  the coil?  I don't have an MSB box, just the Blaster 2 coil.  My distributor is a Mallory Unilite
  from Pantera Performance in Colorado. My first test will be to swap out the coil since that's
  the quickest and easiest thing to change.

  Thanks
  Garth

JDeRyke at aol.com wrote:

If the wire going into the multi-connector from the starter bypass is loose   or pushed back for intermittent contact, the engine will start but not run when   you let go of the key. Look at the plug very closely and you might see a pin   sticking out the backside. Depending on which electronic module you have, the   problem may also be in there- Pertronics are famous for partial failures in   which the engine sometimes continues to run- poorly- to confuse trouble-shooters   like me. If the pins in the muilt-connector are all in position, I'd swap out   the whole distributor for your first test. Good luck- J deRyke

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.