[DeTomaso] Trailer question

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Apr 18 19:59:40 EDT 2007

General wisdom is that your tounge load should be approx 10-15% of the load
weight.  You never ever want low, zero, or negative tounge load.  I measured
my hitch (rear spring) deflection with both me and my neighbor (400lbs)
standing on the hitch and then positioned the car on the trailer to match
that deflection.  You got to watch short trailers (approaching 14 feet) as
you may not be able to get a Pantera CG forward enough.  Also watch out for
your trailer fenders.  Sometimes your Pantera doors will not clear them when
they open.