[DeTomaso] Alignment specs on '72 pre-L?

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Apr 18 16:28:59 EDT 2007

Ackerman adding toe in during a turn which is not often best in racing on
large tracks (great for parking lot racing like the Miatas). It's needed
for turning around in a parking lot but is not optimal on a large track.
Often people compensate by adding toe out which makes them squirrelly on
the straight always but gives them less toe in when the Ackerman kicks in
the turns. If they adjust the Ackerman correctly for the track they don't
have to have as much toe out in the straight aways.

As was said a car set up for the track is not that great on the street. If
you pull Ackerman out for the track it’s not that easy in the parking lot.