[DeTomaso] Solid lifter valve lash *Attention Dan Jones*

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 09:25:56 EDT 2007

Here's how I've always done it.

Wait until the intake valve starts to close.  Set the exhaust lash.
Wait until the exhaust valve starts to open.  Set the intake lash.

I usually set all intakes in the firing order sequence, and then I set the
exhaust.

I don't mess with bumping the starter.  I turn the engine over from the
front (damper bolt).

I'd rather be right than quick.  I'm sure there are other ways that are
faster, but I've reached an age where I have to choose what I'm going to
remember.  Shortcuts are wasted storage.

Will.