[DeTomaso] NPC: A Few Good Salesmen

JAYTCREC at aol.com JAYTCREC at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 22:53:30 EDT 2007

Sales: "You want answers?"

Finance: "I think we are entitled  to them!"

Sales: "You want answers?!"

Finance: "I  want the truth!"

Sales: "You can't handle the  truth!!!"

Sales (continuing): "Son, we live in a world that  requires revenue. And that
revenue must be brought in by people with elite  skills. Who's going to find
it? You Mr. Finance? You, Mr. Operations?   We have a greater responsibility
than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at  the sales division and you curse
our lucrative incentives. You have that  luxury.  You have the luxury of not
knowing what we know:  That  while the cost of business results are
excessive, it drives revenue.   And my very existence, while grotesque and
incomprehensible to you, Drives  REVENUE!

You don't want to know the truth because deep down in  places you don't talk
about at staff meetings ..  you want me on that  call. You NEED me on that
call!  We use words like upgrades, another  round, top-shelf, medium-rare,
on-the-rocks, cabernet, Cohiba and  foursome.  We use these words as the
backbone of a life spent  negotiating something. You use them as a punch
line!  I have neither the  time nor the inclination to explain myself to
people who rise and sleep under  the very blanket of revenue I provide and
then question the manner in which I  provide it. I would rather you just said
"thank you" and went on your  way.  Otherwise I suggest you pick up a phone
and make some sales calls.  Either way, I don't give a damn what you think
you're entitled  to!"

Finance: "Did you expense the lap dancers?"

Sales: "I  did the job I was hired to do."

Finance: "Did you expense  the lap dancers?!"

Sales: "You're damn  right I did!"