[DeTomaso] Help for new member

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 11:25:30 EDT 2007

Don,

  Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing you again later this month in Vegas and Ely....I'll forward answers to some of your questions from home tonight but I'm certain you will get a bunch of responses most of which will come from bench racers ;-]>
  md, some of my best friends are not racers

dfzll at aol.com wrote:
  I own a a '72 Pantera. I am a new subscriber to the De Tomaso List. I also own a 2002 Mustang GT, which I successfully raced at the Nevada Open and the Silverstate races in Ely Nevada in 2005 - once as a driver and once as a navigator. Both times we averaged 120 mph. I have also worked as a course worker at Silverstate and the PonyExpress races. I know several past and present Pantera racers, including Mad Dog and Larry Stock.

I am waiting on a new engine, which is 377ci Cleveland stroker. I am interested in what major or necessary modifications some of you have made to your Panteras for:

1. Suspension upgrades
2. Cooling upgrades
3. Brake upgrades
4. Lowered floor pans (I'm 6'2" too short for the cockpit)

I don't have expectations of going much faster in my Pantera - once it is ready - then I went in the Mustang. I had a blast averaging 120, so I am certain the Pantera is good for that. I live in Las Vegas, and right now, I know about the scheduled race later this month, which I plan to attend most likely as a course worker this year. I also plan to go back up to Ely for the Nevada Open road challenge in May, so hopefully I will meet many of you at that time. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Don