[DeTomaso] (no subject)

dfzll at aol.com dfzll at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 21:45:55 EDT 2007

I own a a '72 Pantera. I am a new subscriber to the De Tomaso List. I also own a 2002 Mustang GT, which I successfully raced at the Nevada Open and the Silverstate races in Ely Nevada in 2005 - once as a driver and once as a navigator. Both times we averaged 120 mph. I have also worked as a course worker at Silverstate and the PonyExpress races.  I know several past and present Pantera racers, including Mad Dog and Larry Stock.

I am waiting on a new engine, which is 377ci Cleveland stroker. I am interested in what major or necessary modifications some of you have made to your Panteras for:

1.  Suspension upgrades
2.  Cooling upgrades
3.  Brake upgrades
4.  Lowered floor pans (I'm 6'2" too short for the cockpit)

I don't have expectations of going much faster in my Pantera - once it is ready - then I went in the Mustang. I had a blast averaging 120, so I am certain the Pantera is good for that. I live in Las Vegas, and right now, I know about the scheduled race later this month, which I plan to attend most likely as a course worker this year. I also plan to go back up to Ely for the Nevada Open road challenge in May, so hopefully I will meet many of you at that time. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Don