[DeTomaso] I love MSD...I hate MSD....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 00:47:48 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/15/07 21:38:01, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

<< On the other hand, I worry all the time about getting stranded.  I don't
feel motivated enough to buy another $500 worth of MSD parts for a hot
backup, though.

>>>I am going to buy a new one, then have the old one repaired and keep it as
a spare.

>On the other other hand, I doubt your vibration mounts are related to your
failure.  They pot these things in a lot of epoxy.  That is supposed to make
them pretty solid. >>

>>>I am grasping at straws trying to determine why it fizzled out.  I will
say that the wiring in that area of the car was a disaster, cosmetically,
because whoever installed the various components decided to not shorten any wires,
and leave them full-length to afford flexibility in the case things have to be
moved later on.  So it looked like hell.  We cleaned things up, zip-tied
things out of the way, the car goes two blocks and quits.  Coincidence?  Probably.
Perhaps not?  We'll know soon enough.

I will say that while on the side of the road and attempting to get it to
start, eventually there was a brief smell of burning wiring....doom....

Mike
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>