[DeTomaso] ZF HP Capacity vs Gear

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 15:28:49 EDT 2007

      I was wondering if the ability of the ZF to handle HP is limited by the torque at the input shaft (gear independent) or by the torque at the axles (gear dependent)?  If it's the torque at the axles, then if the HP can be limited based on the gear the ZF is in, damage could be limited.  I was thinking that the boost in a turbocharged car could be automatically limited based on the gear.  Has anyone done that?  Might make the car more controllable also.

  Ken