[DeTomaso] Engine dies

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 13 21:50:44 EDT 2007

I agree it is electrical but the fact that it is intermittent means it could be a loose wire or connection as much as it could be a bad component. Try "rigging" a test light at various points in the circuit from ket switch to coil, distributor, etc. If the engine dies and the light goes out at the ______, then look there. The 351 in my boat did a similar act on Lake Tahoe. After speculating about the points, cap, rotor, coil, etc, the test light told me the wire (which looked tight) was loose at the key switch. It was a bad day for 4 foot rollers.

Peter Kovacs
Property Equity & Mortgage Mgmt
209 345-6708
209 523-4919 fx