[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 33, Issue 13

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 11:48:13 EDT 2007

I was reading my new Car Craft last night and
the segment on this guy's garage showed John Forces
shop.. his 24 year old daughter has moved to a
Nitro funny car 7k Hp, 5,800 lbs of torque, launch
at 8,200 rpm, 496 inch Hemi, mid 4 second 1/4 mile
times at around 330mph
The kicker for you number crunchers it burns
94 gallons of nitro per minute... actually a lot
less in 4.5 seconds..it would need a tanker
behind it to run the Silver State

Bob Benson ( I can smell the nitro now!!)