[DeTomaso] FW: light switch removal question

B. Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Thu Apr 12 09:42:11 EDT 2007

My wiper switch is out of my car right now, so I went and looked at it.
There is a small cylindrical pin that is spring loaded which acts as a
detent. It pushes into the side of the shaft of the switch. Quite intricate
really. The problem getting the knob off without damage is that the plastic
gets a bit stuck to the hexagonal shaft over the years. If you tilt the
plastic knob back and forth while you pull on it, you'll crack it or break
it. You need to push the little pin all the way into the shaft and then pull
the knob straight off while holding the pin all the way in at the same time.
Patience is required.
Good Luck.
Barry