[DeTomaso] FW: light switch removal question

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 12 05:46:31 EDT 2007

Forwarded from Mike Drew:

-----Original Message-----
From: MikeLDrew at aol.com [mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:35 AM
To: chrisvkimball at msn.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] light switch removal question

In a message dated 4/11/07 23:20:10, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

<< I've looked at the wiper knob on the left side of the dash but see no way
to  remove the black, plastic knob.  I need to get that off so I can pull
the  switch back through the back of the dash to access the wires. >>

>>>I believe that there is a detent on the bottom of the knob.  There is a
spring-loaded ball on the bottom of the shaft on the switch, which engages
that
detent.  You have to use a pin or a punch and depress that ball and withdraw
the knob.

Come to think of it though, when I pulled mine apart about 15 years ago, I
seem to recall that I had to brutalize the knob somewhat.  Maybe the Pantera
knob doesn't have access to the detent from the outside?