[DeTomaso] ABOUT REMOVING THE SPEEDO CABLE FROM THE ZF

charles buthala charlesbuthala at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 09:53:59 EDT 2007

I removed the entire unit to replace the seals.  If your ZF is upside down on a bench it will not fall into the case.  If it is in the working position use a vice grip and hold on to the flat tang, prior to loosening the bolt in the case holding the assembly.

Art Stephens <artstephens at charter.net> wrote:   Ned,
Just loosen the knurled nut at the end of the cable, the cable should
then pull out pretty easily. If you want, you can also remove the 90
degree angle drive unit by loosening the big nut attached to it. It is my
understanding that what you do not want to loosen is the bolt that screws
into the case, just below the angle drive gizmo.

Art