[DeTomaso] Stock Brakes

zumzum at cox.net zumzum at cox.net
Wed Apr 11 07:02:21 EDT 2007

Hey guys, I read your stories of why soft brakes. I've been there also. You need to know where the problem lives. Easiest way is to use four  hose pinchers or vise grips and pinch the four caliper hoses closed. Then pump the vacuum booster to zero while someone who will pay close attention to pedal movement holds the pedal down hard with one foot. Then  someone will go around the car in a clockwise pattern and remove all pliers. Then repeat, four pinchers on, hold pedal and remove in a c.c.wise pattern. Now the corner which gave you the most pedal movement is the problem and also if movement is not noted and pedal is not rock hard with the four pinchers on then your master is leaky. Of course do not do these to metal braided hoses. Good luck, Jeff Cobb, Mangusta 1196