[DeTomaso] Headliner

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 11:22:38 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/9/07 3:28:18, scottcouchman at yahoo.com writes:

<< Mike, what a great way to spend Easter weekend. I need to re-do the
headliner in my car and your report has me thinking I'll wait until I have an extra
pair of hands around to help before I start the project.  >>

>>>I got my new headliner from Marino at Pantera East, and it was a perfect
match for the original--he found the OEM manufacturer and was able to get them
duplicated perfectly.

The problem, of course, is that then the rest of the similarly-upholstered
pieces were yellowed with age.  Kirk Evans was visiting and said, "shoot, I can
fix that easily".  So I packed up all the pieces (and the sunvisors) and
shipped them off to him, along with a swatch from the new headliner for
color-matching.  In a week or so, I got everything back and it was PERFECT.  I don't know
how he did it, but he sure done dood it!

Getting everything to line up again is a real chore though--it can be done by
one, but it is infinitely better to have two people (although one can be very
non-mechanical--basically a human C-clamp! :>)  )

Mike<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>