[DeTomaso] Stock Brakes

rick mcclure rickrows at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 08:40:48 EDT 2007

I just rebuilt all four calipers, but after much bleeding, driving,
bleeding, repeatedly, the pedal is still soft.  The pedal does not go to the
floor even with time.  It just seems to take several (2 or so) inches of
travel until the pedal gets firm and stays that way.   I'm wondering if the
there's a problem with the master cylinder.  I suppose there could be
corrosion in part of the master cylinder.  I've ordered a new alumninum
master from Hall.   I know the stock brakes are never fantastic, but mine
seemed ok before the car sat while I was addressing other issues.

Suggestions?