[DeTomaso] Oil pump pickup support...Nylocs in the oil pan???

Thomas Borcich Tborcich at msn.com
Sun Apr 8 18:57:25 EDT 2007

Another item not mentioned on this thread is the support for the oil pump pickup.  It is held on with the same nylocs nuts as the windage tray. I think that is even more important to safety wire because Armando mentioned to me (when I was at his shop) that the pipe threat that screws into the oil pump is the weak link for the pickup and he has seen them break at the threads before and you lose the pump pickup...that is why he added the support. But if that nylocs backs off for any reason, you have potentially a much worse problem if the pickup breaks off. So needless to say I am also safety wiring my pickup support nut.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich