[DeTomaso] Front Oil Cooler / a non-technical response / Dick Ruzzin

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 16:21:12 EDT 2007

An aero engineer once told me that the location of an oil cooler is not too
critical as long a there is reasonable space around it for expanded heated air
to move away from it.   He said that the oil traveling through a finned unit
will reject a lot of heat without being in a major airflow area, like the front
of a car.

If you locate it in the rear I would keep it away from the exhaust, maybe
even shield the exhaust some. Buy a thin one, single row, with as much surface as
you can get and install it with enough uninterrupted space above it so that
heat can rise above it when in slow traffic.

And a thermostat.

Dick Ruzzin