[DeTomaso] Somewhere in this ad there's a Pantera

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:59:36 EDT 2007

These are the parts that one should always have a spare handy, never know
when one will start acting up and need replacing, thankfully they are
plentiful and sometimes the Pantera even makes getting the fresher, recently
made parts easier to get.  I agree that they don't build them like they used
to, today's models seem to be a little slicker, have less packaging and that
straw like packing material is missing form the box on 95% of them.
You may wish to test several models out before you settle on the one that
works best for you, in fact I whole heartily recommend a thorough sampling
of all European and Asian models, while you may select American out of
habit, there is a lot to be said for the others.  The Latin American models
seem to have more of a rump-rump sound, but they don't age well and need
replacing often, ( see John Wayne ).  Several of the newer models also sport
these little silver tabs, as found on some carburetors, those should be
removed, they may be novel looking, but when you're really getting down and
dirty working on one, you can get cut and inflection can result.

Michael in Savannah