[DeTomaso] Tour of the Craig Watjen private car collection

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Apr 6 01:16:07 EDT 2007

If any of the Panteristi who can't make it to Vegas this year are going to
be in the Seattle area that weekend, we have a rare opportunity for you.
Panteras Northwest VP Warren Lubow has arranged the following for us to
enjoy.  His post:

I have arranged for our club to see an awesome private car collection on
Saturday April 23rd at 10:30 am. I was thinking we could drive out to XXX
Root Beer in Issaquah for lunch afterwards for a cruise in or if folks
wanted a shorter trip over to Burger master in Bellevue (the collection is
in Bellevue).

This is a rare once in a lifetime opportunity to see this car collection
owned by a close friend of mine (Craig Watjen - Co-Owner of the Seattle
Mariners) His car collection is among the top in the world and the cars have
won numerous awards at the top shows, he has all sorts of things from Model
A's to killer 30's Lincolns to awesome 40's cars and the Fabulous 50's..
These are world class show winners.  This is at the Spinner Warehouse where
several other collections are housed and I am working on contacting those
owners, I know them as well from my days at Microsoft - John Shirley and
Greg Witten (some of you have already mentioned, John Shirley) whose
collection is in the next building and who has a lot of old race cars,
Ferrari's and the like to see if we can view BOTH collections on the same
day.

Craig's car collection extends to some of the fines museums in the world he
has a number of cars at his colleague's museum in Tacoma a place we should
visit and I am sure I could arrange for a club event there at a later date.
http://www.lemaymuseum.org/about.php

If you are going to be in the area, let me know, and we will be glad to have
you join the tour.  We will finish the event with a Pantera cruise to the
XXX Root Beer drive-in in Issaquah, WA for lunch.

Best regards:
Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
www.panterasnorthwest.com