[DeTomaso] Predicted mileage at 200 MPH

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 17:59:59 EDT 2007

Mark,

       I realize that, but I was just looking at part of the problem.

       It's also true that a Z06 Vette gets twice the mileage of a 66 425 HP Vette (I had one) at 70.  If you're still running a carb, maybe you'd get 10 MPG with EFI?

       I think a lot of gas is burned to keep the engine spinning, so even though the wind resistance goes crazy at 200, it isn't the whole story, and your carb may provide a rich mixture under acceleration.  I suppose there are articles on that.

  Ken

Mark McWhinney <msm at portata.com> wrote:
  ORRs are not steady state.

With around 350 HP, I get less than 5 MPG on a road track with the repeated
30-130 MPH acceleration and braking.