[DeTomaso] Engine Noiseses.......

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Wed Apr 4 13:31:32 EDT 2007

I have used a 2 disk pack from 10,000 rpm in my '95 Mustang.  It is a bit
light on the low end torque but the blip from idle in a fuel injected engine
is fantastic.
http://www.10000rpm.com/
Look at the clutch that looks like a pack attached to a flexplate.  I have
the two disk which allows a certain amout of slip for use on the street.
The 3 disk unit is either in or out making it exciting to load on a trailer
while looking cool by not killing the engine.  If I remember correctly the 2
disk with flywheel and pressure plate weigh less than 9 lbs total.
I have found that injection removes a lot of lumpiness from the idle but as
stated in another post the low and mid range make up for it.
As usual YMMV.

PS 10,000rpm seems to be negotiate price from what they list as "racers
net".

jerry knotts