[DeTomaso] Engine Noise

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Wed Apr 4 12:22:19 EDT 2007

Update for the list:

Dan was nice enough to check out a car for me (tough gig), but
supplied a detailed and factual report.  Dan deserves to have people
slaving for him, he has always been very generous with his time and
knowledge. I hope the new place turns out to be what Dan needs!

Alum flywheel/digital clutch:  I have only driven the car up a steep
wet driveway, stopped at the keypad gate, and put it in storage.
Oddly, the car backs up like any grocery getter.  Forward progress was
a little different with the "digital clutch".[1]  A 2000lb car on a
wet road was just a matter of spinning the wheels for a couple of
feet.  Actually, any throttle application was matter of spinning
wheels.  Hope its different in the dry.  The PO says use second gear,
I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for the help, Dan!

David in Durango

[1] The only inidication I ever had of clutch engagement was spinning
wheels and a jump forward.  YOu either sit and wait or go like hell -
no in between!