[DeTomaso] Engine Noiseses.......

PanteraPlace.com panteraplace at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:14:36 EDT 2007

When I first got my Pantera it was equipped with a rotted out set of
standard ANSA mufflers.  The exhaust note had a hard ground pounding thump
to it and a cam induced lumpy idle was pronounced.  The first thing I did to
the car was replace the exhaust with a new ANSA system.  The new system was
pretty quiet and the lumpy idle was not very noticeable.  Recently I did a
Swiss cheese mod to the insides of my mufflers and the thump is back and you
can easily hear the mixed up lumpy idle. It might be just the louder exhaust
but the engine feels like it revs a lot freer that it did before the muffler
mod.

As for your BMW engine, I would think someone like these guys
http://www.dynospotracing.com/cams.htm that make high performance cams could
help.