[DeTomaso] Engine Noise

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 11:33:38 EDT 2007

      If you really want the lumpy idle, I'd guess something could be added to an EFI with an idle air valve to mudulate the air flow at idle and get a lumpy effect.  Kinda like the fake blow off valves the kids get.  Is a lumpy idle (or the conditions which create it) hard on plugs?

  Ken

adin at frontier.net wrote:
  When I was young Moses told me that lumpy idle was due to cam overlap.
Now Dan J says it is manifold affected. Weber/EFI probably won't
have the rumparumpa of a big Holley.

I do know the rumparumpa idle prevents street racing! ("I'm not
racing THAT thing!") True story.

Dan: did the Florissant gig go through? Have the Cobra - its a beast!

David in Durango

Quoting Charles McCall :