[DeTomaso] Engine Noise

Phil Lockett montecarlo296 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 05:55:04 EDT 2007

Guys, I’ve been listening to some Panteras on Youtube – mostly Euro based I think. Most of them seem to have a seriously lumpy tickover with the “splickety splack” noise (technical term) when throttled. Other ones are a lot quieter and less lumpy – I expect being more standard setup. Is the lumpy tickover due to tuning and aftermarket exhausts? The big question being am I going to lose all of this if I fit a BMW engine? The BMW engined Sprinter on Youtube sounds like a Wailing Banshee – but it’s just not throaty enough.

  Comments please (I’ve been offered a cheap BMW 4.0V8 engine.)

  Phil

Bigger,louder, faster, better.