[DeTomaso] MSD 6AL

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 15:19:52 EDT 2007

I hooked up my MSD 6AL on Sunday.  I had it sitting on the bench for about a
month.

I'm surprised at how much better the car runs.  I have a Mallory distributor
with a Pertronix conversion.  I had the big square Mallory coil.

I replaced the coil with an MSD Blaster 2.

My plugs are gapped at 0.035.  I'm going to open them up to 0.045 when I get
a chance.

It starts easier than before, and generally feels smoother.  I know that's
what the MSD is supposed to do.  As strange as it sounds, I'm sometimes
surprised when things do what they're supposed to do.

For the record, I had an MSD on a 93 Mustang Cobra.  I couldn't tell a
difference.  Maybe the modern stuff already has a strong enough ignition.

Will.