[DeTomaso] WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO DO BODY DAMAGE TO YOUR PANTERA?

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 11:00:32 EDT 2007

Bob,
  i AGREE with JB on this one. And I agree with bob too!!! See what a diplomat I can be ;-]>
  ;
  If you look at the facts in comparing serious accidents on track versus on open road race events its not even close.

  In 10 years Pantera has NEVER  went off the road in open road racing at speeds up to 180 mph. I ran the Mexico La Carrera in my Pantera and other then naked locals running across the road wanting to get up close and personal I had nothing but a great time in Mexico....yea its insane but thats another story. Its the really fastest drivers in the Unlimited Division who tend to lose control and blow tires at speeds in excess of 200 mph.

   The last person who was driving a Pantera in an ORR event in Nevada or Texas who went off the road was Junior Wilson and that was 1997 and THAT doesn't count because some claim he was somewhere between 220 and 240 MPH running in the UNLIMITED division ;-0

  No Panteras that I can ever remember in 20 years in the Touring (up to 125 mph), Grand Touring (140 MPH), Grand Sport (168 MPH) or Super Sport (180 MPH) have ever went off the road. You, JB, Crazy Dan, Justin, Doc Abe, Larry Stock, and many-many others have ALL driven their Panteras at ORR events at speeds in excess of 140 to 180 mph with no incidents..... and you can't count the insane guy who crossed the finish line fully engulfed in flames either because he was fully on the course the entire time. ;-0

  Now I'll be the first to say NO ONE I know does a better job of running club open track events then our POCA chapters and that definatley includes YOU and PCNC who continue to do a great job in Pahrumph but get your stats right daddy.

  YOU know that at least 4-5 Pantera's in the 10 YEARS have had SERIOUS on-track accidents.....no one was killed, guys walked away but make no mistake about it all racing is dangerous and its just a risk whether you are club racing, open road racing, drag racing or headed out to the Salt Flats (yea its racing)...

  The thrill is the danger and the danger is the thrill.....SAFETY FIRST
  If I didn't have 4 ORR's and the BIG track at Fontana already scheduled this year I'd be glad to lead  the PCNC group and I definately am drivig my race Pantera to Vegas and Pahrumph again this year.

  Too little time off and too little money but I'll drive to Vegas and Pahumrph and be glad to join the slow slackers at lunch time.

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing

RCBSONS1 at aol.com wrote:
      JB,
  Little chance of body damage in ORR events???
  The video they send you has a Warning at the very beginning
  (my wife left the room just before the start of the video)
  The warning states this is the most dangerous form of racing
  I put it behind the Baja 1000 because there you have to miss
  the crazy locals running in front of you.

  It tells you if you happen to go off the road you are more than
  likely end over end many times or in a barrel roll... but no body
  damage???.... they also talk about the occasional coyote, buzzard
  or other wildlife that may not get out of your way in time as you
  approach them at 150 plus.

  I have done a lot of wild stuff and am not sure why I am still here
  but the ORR is the only event I ever thought about making to the
  end in one piece.... my hat is off to those who have made many
  runs as it is a challenge and as the Dawg states no baby smooth
  roads or nice run offs on those roads.

  Bob Benson #3

  See what's free at AOL.com.

Mad Dawg Antenucci